Club Homepage
Posted By: Regina_C 1976 Cessna 150M NOT for Sale - 03/12/19 10:45 PM
The Phoenix is NOT for sale. I flew 2 1/2 hours Saturday, and I realized I can't sell my plane. I just can't do it!

Phoenix is officially for sale. $28,000

1976 150M
6629 TAT, 2164 TT
1185 SMOH
Stratus ESGi ADS-B
KX155 NavCom with OM, MM, glide slope
Horton aileron and flap gap seals
Met-Co-Aire wing tips
Soros Ventube
Safe-T-Stop secondary seat stops
Spin-on oil filter
Auto gas STC
I have the wheel pants, also.

I'll add pictures when I figure out how to. PM me with any comments about info or price. I've never sold an airplane before. (And I'm not real excited about selling this one!)
Posted By: Stacey Morris Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 01:19 AM
Hi Regina. Good luck with selling. Sandy sold Sassy in seemingly record time! I think good 150's/152's are selling well.

But, I hate to see you leave us. Please continue to hang around! smile
Posted By: Regina_C Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 03:35 AM
Yeah, this has been hard. I went out to Hawkins today and told some of the folks at the FBO. Actually saw my CFI there, too. Sheldon, the IA, kept saying how he couldn’t believe I would sell the plane and how much I loved it. I had to tell him to quit before I started crying!
Posted By: Jim Hillabrand Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Regina_C
I had to tell him to quit before I started crying!

Hugs from Arkansas, Regina. frown

You've poured your heart and soul into The Phoenix and I'm sure this was not an easy decision to make. Best of luck with not only the sale but also to your future aviation adventures.

Jim
Posted By: Regina_C Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 01:42 PM
Thanks for understanding, Jim. Yeah, it’s been tough. But if selling Phoenix will allow me to stay in the sky, in whatever way, it will be good.
Posted By: Raymond Thyfault Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 07:18 PM
Hi... I’m a new member and I’m in the market for a quality 150! I would appreciate whatever details and images you can provide 😉

Email address is: oshis1@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Ray Thyfault
EAA, AOPA, FAA Retired.
Posted By: Hung Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 07:51 PM
Welcome to the forum, Ray. I don't know much about Regina's plane (I've only seen it at the Clinton Fly-In a few years ago), but Regina is an upstanding lady. You can trust her.
Posted By: Raymond Thyfault Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 07:54 PM
Thank you... I’m glad to be here! I have a beautiful (though empty) hangar that I’m looking to fill! Retired ATC looking for something to pamper and also as a means to stay connected to the wonderful aviation community!
Posted By: Hung Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 07:59 PM
If you ever need someone to take a look at a plane far away, just make a post. We have members all around the country. Someone would be close enough to it to go take a preliminary look and take some photos for you.

I think this "Classified Ads" section is open to non-members as well. If you want to ask for help on a prospective buy, make your post in one of the sections, so a non-member won't be able to see it, swoop in and buy it ahead of you.
Posted By: Stacey Morris Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 10:05 PM
Welcome to the Club, Raymond.

Not sure where you are located, but Regina is in Mississippi, near Jackson. You should talk to her if you are looking.
Posted By: Tim Boese Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 10:23 PM
Regina,

I feel I’m always playing catch up on the 150/2 news. It was great to meet you at Clinton! Moving on from one thing to the next can be rough, but I’m very happy you got back to flying when you did. “No Regerts!” as the famous tattoo artist once wrote. shocked If I didn’t give GA another try, I’d have missed out on some great people and experiences. And I’d have some regerts, myself. Glad to know you’re going to keep flying.

You have a great 150M. Someone is going to get a great 150!

Tim
Posted By: Ed Pataky Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 10:26 PM
Looks like Raymond is in Michigan, near Kalamazoo.
Posted By: Raymond Thyfault Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 10:42 PM
Thank you! I’m in Southwest Michigan... I sent a PM to Regina earlier 👍🏻
Posted By: Richard Hollrah Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 11:37 PM
Welcome to the club, Raymond.

I had to go to Sandusky, Michigan, to buy my 150 eight years ago.
Posted By: Alan B Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/13/19 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Raymond Thyfault
Thank you... I’m glad to be here! I have a beautiful (though empty) hangar that I’m looking to fill! Retired ATC looking for something to pamper and also as a means to stay connected to the wonderful aviation community!

Raymond,
If you want to have fun and stay connected to aviation, you’ve definitely come to the right place!! Welcome!
Posted By: Geoff Vincent Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/14/19 05:50 AM
Welcome to the club Raymond! What kind of flying do you like to do?
Posted By: Jim Hillabrand Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/14/19 10:46 AM
Thank you! I’m in Southwest Michigan... I sent a PM to Regina earlier

Welcome aboard, Raymond......it sounds like you've probably had a nice, long career with the FAA and now it's time to coast a little. whistle

I know Regina has poured her heart and soul into her 150 and I'd bet it would make you a fine, fine plane.

There's a lot of neglected junk on the market out there but her 150 isn't in that group.

We'd love to see "The Phoenix" stay in our little family so I hope this works out for both of you.

Oh, every July the club has a Fly-In in Clinton, IA so I hope you'll consider joining us....it's a lot of fun and "The Phoenix" knows how to get there. grin

Jim
Posted By: Raymond Thyfault Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/14/19 02:35 PM
Thank you to everyone fav r the warm welcome... it truly warms the heart! And to answer a few questions... yes I enjoyed my career in ATC and miss it almost daily... 3 years in Terre Haute Indiana ATCT then 30 years in Kalamazoo Michigan ATCT (which served as my home base allowing for me to work at the Oshkosh ATCT and associated facilities for 2 weeks for 21 years).

The ATC “gig” provided opportunities to ride in or fly a variety of aircraft... including alot of Warbird flights (from aDehavilland Chipmunk to the P-51). I feel that I have been blessed to have had such a job, such opportunities and most of all to have been a part of this community of aviation (honestly as I have been telling people throughout my career) ... that is the greatest reward!

I keep a hangar at KAZO which needs filling! The Clinton Flyin seems like a “must do”!

I’m a grandpa, my former Air Traffic Controller daughter, the mother of a beautiful daughter who live in Ireland. She married an Irish Air Traffic Controller! Go figure... loll! So my other hobby is traveling to ireland or meeting up with them on holiday.

As are most ATC types I’m a bit OCD/meticulous...lol so I look forward to the challenge of aircraft ownership 👍🏻

If not the “Phoenix” then hopefully another SOON! I do appreciate any and all leads (tips and hints as well) you all may have on “tidy well maintained” 150s.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I look forward to continued communication and meet ups,

Ray
Posted By: Hung Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/14/19 02:57 PM
I keep a hangar at KAZO which needs filling!

What aircraft (if any) have you owned in the past?
Posted By: Regina_C Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/17/19 05:18 PM
I wasn’t sure if I should delete the original post, since people had posted here. So, I just changed the title to NOT for sale. The Phoenix isn’t for sale. I just couldn’t do it!
Posted By: Ed Pataky Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/17/19 05:19 PM
YES!!! grin
Posted By: Henry M Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/17/19 05:22 PM
Regina,

I’m glad you’re keeping Phoenix! Better to change your mind now that have regrets later. You can always change your back in the future, but Phoenix would be gone if you kept going.

Phienix should keep you in the sky for the rest of your flying career. It might even become LSA eligible in the not too distant future.
Posted By: Hung Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/17/19 06:22 PM
Breaking up is hard to do grin
Posted By: Alan B Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/17/19 07:07 PM
That’s great news!!!
Posted By: Stacey Morris Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/17/19 09:46 PM
Good news, Regina!
Posted By: Brian Crane Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/17/19 10:13 PM
Good for you Regina. It's difficult. I know this feeling all too well. Part of the reason I didn't jump on Sassy like a dog on a pork chop. It's only been three years and I've already grown attached to my plane to the point I don't ever want to sell it.

Blue skies,
BC
Posted By: Geoff Vincent Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/18/19 01:47 AM
Go Regina, go! I'm glad you're still flying your Phoenix. I've thought about selling before, too. Something about pulling her out of the hanger, preflighting her, starting the engine, and taking off that makes me forget all my troubles. I'm keeping mine, too.
Geoff
Posted By: Richard Hollrah Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/18/19 02:19 AM
That's great, Regina.

Now it's time to make that pilgrimage back to Clinton.
Posted By: Jim Hillabrand Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/18/19 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Richard_H
That's great, Regina.

Now it's time to make that pilgrimage back to Clinton.

^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

I'm somewhat startled by this news this morning but it's a good startling.

You must have been doing some heavy duty soul searching the last few days to change course like this.

I'm thrilled with this news, I really am. whistle whistle whistle

You go girl and welcome home. whistle

Jim
Posted By: Ron Stewart Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/18/19 12:44 PM
Regina,

I understood your decision when you thought about selling your 150.
The nervousness of affording retirement and living on a "fixed income" is natural but after a short time after you last day of your career that feeling will fade.

I am glad you decided to keep your 150. I don't think any of the other options to keep flying would end up being any more affordable than flying a 150.
When I was planning my future when I was offered early retirement and going over finances with my wife and how we would survive I said "when I sell my plane we could..." and was told by my wife that if I needed to sell it then I could not retire.
Here we are more than 5 years later and still flying 82Bravo and everything is fine.

Now, about that trip back to Clinton. wink

Hope to see you there.

Posted By: Stacey Morris Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 03/18/19 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Vortac180
Go Regina, go! I'm glad you're still flying your Phoenix. I've thought about selling before, too. Something about pulling her out of the hanger, preflighting her, starting the engine, and taking off that makes me forget all my troubles. I'm keeping mine, too.
Geoff

That is kind of where I am also, Geoff (and Regina).
Posted By: William Simons Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 04/18/19 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Stacey_Morris
Originally Posted by Vortac180
Geoff

That is kind of where I am also, Geoff (and Regina).

Regina! That's great you are keeping your 150! I have been quite busy the last few months and this is the first time on the club website for me in a long time. When I read you were selling your 150, I thought oh no! as I identify with you getting back into flying. I still am looking for a 150....it scares me too heading into retirement wondering if I could afford one. I'm almost 70 and still working and can afford it now...I enjoy my job as a weather observer/base operations tech and don't plan on retiring soon....so once I see a D or E I fall in love with I hope to get one.

Good luck to you and your 150! grin
Posted By: Jim Hillabrand Re: 1976 Cessna 150M For Sale - 04/18/19 10:31 AM
Bill,

I hope some day that you can step up to the plate and go for the gold.

Owning a plane is similar to having kids. You never know if you can afford them or if you're ready for them but somehow one always manages to get through and before you know it, they're grown up and gone.

You need a 150 in your life. smirk

Jim
© Cessna 150-152 Club forums