Ron,

In June 2016 I replaced the McCauley main wheels on my plane because of one cracked wheel (see photos). I installed the Cleveland Wheel and Brake conversion kit #199-08400 (aka 199-84) purchased from Aircraft Spruce. The price has gone up considerably since 2016. Then, the price was $1827, which I thought was reasonable for what you get. Now the price is $2675. (In 1967 I bought a new Mustang for $2795.)

With the kit you get two wheels with bearings already packed with grease, brake cylinders (not the master cylinders), brake discs, and brake linings.

The installation was straight-forward; no new plumbing was required. No actual installation instructions were included. Just have your mechanic follow the procedures in the Cessna 150 service manual. Cleveland did include the procedure to follow to properly “break-in” the brake linings.

About a month later, I also replaced the nose wheel (Cleveland p/n 40-77) because the magnesium was corroded enough that I could break off pieces with my fingers.