Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Fly-In Questions Jump to new posts
Re: Tie down John Trolinger 4 hours ago
I travel around a few times a year and get to experience lots of different situations so I carry Slidedowns, ropes, a hammer and stakes.

I do not trust the airport ropes, chains, chocks, whatever so I use my slide downs plus whatever the airport provides. As an example one airport charged me for a tiedown spot overnight but they were full-up, no tie down anchors, so I backed over the grass and staked down the airplane. That FBO got a rare but scathing review.

All of the big fly-ins have had stakes and tie downs for sale so when I see something better I will buy replacement pieces. One year the EAA tie down volunteers at OSH gave me a rebar welded 'T' stake and that is among my favorites so the next year I bought a new set of ropes and stakes from them.

Jon, I hope that you do come to the fly-in. The Cessna 150-152 Fly-In is the best experience possible for an airplane pilot/owner.
8 145 Read More
Buy & Sell - Everything But Airplanes Jump to new posts
Re: Cessna 150M panel parts Geoff Vincent Yesterday at 03:19 AM
Welcome to the club, Arnold!
You have a nice looking M model.
Does it have a hangar?
My L-model now parks outside (temporarily).

The people in this club have a lot of collective knowledge about our two seaters.

We’d love to see more pics of your M.
5 232 Read More
Buy & Sell - Airplanes Only Jump to new posts
Re: B-747SP Jim Hillabrand 04/23/24 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Ronald Twente
They sold it to someone else. They bid a $1.00 more that we bid.

To quote Maxwell Smart: Missed it by that much!! grin
29 2,812 Read More
Re: Child seat for sale $399 OBO Shawn Taylor 04/23/24 12:22 AM
I do
3 258 Read More
Buy & Sell - Airplanes Only Jump to new posts
Re: Prebuy/Annual mechanic Edward Hill 04/22/24 11:49 PM
Need one in california, any help
2 252 Read More
Re: Looking for Crankshaft, camshaft, hydraulic lifters O-200 Gordon Cragg 04/22/24 02:55 PM
According to my Continental contact, the crankshaft unobtainium issue is not going to go away anytime soon. So you have a FOMO (fear of missing out) marketplace. With that comes the, I have what you need pricing, take it or leave it. Yes, I have several crankshaft that are tagged and in my inventory. However, they are all earmarked for upcoming overhauls. One must look at it this way, if I sold one of these cranks, what am I going to replace it with in this market and at what price???
8 531 Read More
Re: Selling McCauley HCM6948 1A101 propellor Jay Rich 04/21/24 08:47 PM
Dan, let's get together for lunch sometime. I am also based at KBTF............................Jay
3 284 Read More
Re: Looking for a used but working TKS MX-300 Radio Shawn Taylor 04/05/24 04:14 AM
Let me know when you’re selling it and how much.
49 5,829 Read More
Re: WTB: Co Pilot Window Latch David Herman 03/31/24 04:06 PM
FWIW "Niagara Airparts" is just a USA front for those sneaky Canadians doing shady things up across the border. Same people, same stuff (same prices, too).

My window latches are very nice (just like Canadians).
6 400 Read More