Thread Like Summary
Brian Crane, Michael Brennan, Mike Marra
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Goodbye Ding-A-Ling 69 150J for sale #555040 01/30/2018 7:05 PM
by Brian Anderson
Brian Anderson
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...p;listing_id=2309806&s-type=aircraft

My friend and fellow 150 owner based in Hayward is MOVING, and is offering his 1969 150 for sale. It's a good airplane with about a mid-time engine on Millenium cyls. Has TN Wings seats/carpet, brand new.
The TAP ad has been posted in link above.
...and the asking price is $21K, which I told him is too low......
Snag it while you can.
Liked Replies
Re: Goodbye Ding-A-Ling 69 150J for sale #663930 Mar 7th a 12:26 PM
by Mark
Mark
Maroon??? That's not maroon. Looks like Black and White to me.

[Linked Image]

and for goodness sake, for those of you that are thinking about painting your airplane, please place the tail number on straight!!

A lot of schemes place the number on following the top line of the fuselage. Don't do that on a Cessna 150 as that line is not level. When you put the number on following that line it makes it look like the tail is falling off on most designs, on this one is just looks bad. It's not straight, and it's not centered. BTW, this is not just my OCD talking, Craig Barnett from Scheme Designers says the same thing, and he knows a bit about aircraft paint designs.
2 members like this
Re: Goodbye Ding-A-Ling 69 150J for sale #663942 Mar 7th a 07:31 PM
by Eric Peterson
Eric Peterson
While I agree that it is "obviously" not maroon and white (looks black and white to me too), I would say it is a stretch to call it a "clapped out bird". The paint, even if described wrong appears to be in excellent condition. The engine is brand new - assuming it was done correctly it is certainly worth big bucks. There are no decent interior pics, but the panel does seem less than "excellent". But the TTAF is 4600 hours. If that is considered "clapped out" than I would suggest that most 150s fall into that description.

Do I think it is "worth" $69K? Doesn't matter what I think I suppose, but I would consider that on the very high side.
2 members like this