Thread Like Summary
Geoff Vincent, Mike Marra, Ronald Twente
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Wanted: Simple Altitude Bug #659542 11/25/2023 10:53 AM
by Mike Marra
Mike Marra
Wanted: Simple Altitude Bug

-Dose anyone know where I can find another one of these altitude bugs?

-I've been using this one for 20+ years to keep track of flying assigned altitudes... helpful to me.

-Will purchase any used ones that still work.

-I can't seem to find them but perhaps I'm using the wrong nomenclature?

-Thank you in advance.
Liked Replies
Re: Wanted: Simple Altitude Bug #662261 Feb 4th a 05:25 PM
by Kirk
Kirk
I'm late to this party but future buyers may want to consider this other Sporty's product:

https://www.sportys.com/altitude-alert-indicator-2-7-8-in-dia.html

It attaches to the outside ring of the altimeter glass and provides three indicators - Red, Yellow, and Green, all linked to each other. The idea is to set the red pointer at DH or MDA on an approach. The green pointer then shows 500 feet above DH/MDA, and the yellow arc warns you when you're 100 feet above DH/MDA. For VFR flying I set the red marker to field elevation. In cruise flight I set the green pointer to cruising altitude.

I've been using it for years on my plane. Very easy to adjust, stays in place, and since it's outside the needle arc it doesn't obscure the gauge yet points right to the tip of the needle at your bugged altitude.

Note, there are two sizes, and it's not always obvious which one will fit your particular altimeter. I just ordered both and returned the one that didn't fit.

[Linked Image]
3 members like this
Re: Wanted: Simple Altitude Bug #659566 Nov 25th a 04:31 PM
by Mark
Mark
Originally Posted by Mike Marra
One of these days I want to fly out to Sporty's just to see where so much of my $$$ went! Ha ha!

You can stop there on your way to Clinton. Clermont County Airport (I69). It's on the way.
1 member likes this