Thread Like Summary
Brian Crane, Geoff Vincent, Peter Benway, Ronald Twente
Original Post (Thread Starter)
B-747SP #662075 01/30/2024 11:32 PM
by Ronald Twente
Ronald Twente
A friend of mine that flys for The Sands out of Las Vegas is telling me that they are going to retire their B-747SP that was originally bought and owned by TWA!.

They are looking to donate it to the TWA Museum in Kansas City, MO.

But I am thinking that maybe, just maybe we can get it donated to the Cessna 150-152 Foundation and we can fly it! Sell tickets for rides to and from Clinton, etc...

We Have the flight crew already! Mark as Captain, Me as Flight Engineer and another Club member (Jesse Tidd) as the First Officer!

WOW! How exciting!

I also just found out that the people in KCMO are interested in taking custody of the plane for their museum.
Liked Replies
Re: B-747SP #662076 Jan 30th a 11:35 PM
by Steven Washer
Steven Washer
I love it! Rip out the seats, tie down the 150s, sit in them and pretend to fly them to Clinton!

Greatest PR stunt ever!
2 members like this
Re: B-747SP #662101 Jan 31st a 05:00 PM
by Ron Stewart
Ron Stewart
I'm out
Twente is going to want it painted in Kansas City Chiefs livery and that's a deal breaker for me.
2 members like this
Re: B-747SP #662078 Jan 31st a 12:49 AM
by Elliot Cannon
Elliot Cannon
I'll be happy to come out of retirement for that one. LOL
1 member likes this
Re: B-747SP #662100 Jan 31st a 04:38 PM
by David Rowland
David Rowland
I’m in!
1 member likes this
Re: B-747SP #662120 Jan 31st a 09:42 PM
by David Rowland
David Rowland
Gah!

Classic TWA scheme, awesome!

But if there is any inkling of the Chiefs anywhere at all, even if it’s in the deepest, darkest recesses of some area that will never see the light of day, deal’s off!

20 will have to be happy with TWA red. He can simply tell himself, silently, that it’s Chiefs colors.
1 member likes this
Re: B-747SP #662123 Jan 31st a 11:20 PM
by Rick Durden
Rick Durden
Tough crowd.

Ron, is the museum at Downtown still flying the Connie?
1 member likes this
Re: B-747SP #662128 Feb 1st a 12:53 AM
by Mark
Mark
I just saw that airplane last week. I was wondering if they needed a pilot. Guess not.

Too bad. The SP is the only 747 model I haven’t flown.
1 member likes this
Re: B-747SP #662156 Feb 1st a 04:50 PM
by David Rowland
David Rowland
Yeah, back before this thread took a turn that made everything moot, I cringed at the thought of running a certain Cowboys fan through the number 1 engine. You know how expensive those things are! Way too expensive to be used as a garbage disposal. (Oops, did I say that last part out loud? My bad) blush

Oh, and I thought the SP was most readily noticed by its tail. That thing really stands out.
1 member likes this
Re: B-747SP #662174 Feb 2nd a 04:59 AM
by Ed Pataky
Ed Pataky
Originally Posted by David Rowland
Yeah, back before this thread took a turn that made everything moot, I cringed at the thought of running a certain Cowboys fan through the number 1 engine. You know how expensive those things are! Way too expensive to be used as a garbage disposal. (Oops, did I say that last part out loud? My bad) blush

Oh, and I thought the SP was most readily noticed by its tail. That thing really stands out.

...not feelin' the L O V E here... grin grin grin grin grin
1 member likes this
Re: B-747SP #665999 Apr 23rd a 12:53 PM
by Jim Hillabrand
Jim Hillabrand
Originally Posted by Ronald Twente
They sold it to someone else. They bid a $1.00 more that we bid.

To quote Maxwell Smart: Missed it by that much!! grin
1 member likes this