Thank you to everyone fav r the warm welcome... it truly warms the heart! And to answer a few questions... yes I enjoyed my career in ATC and miss it almost daily... 3 years in Terre Haute Indiana ATCT then 30 years in Kalamazoo Michigan ATCT (which served as my home base allowing for me to work at the Oshkosh ATCT and associated facilities for 2 weeks for 21 years).

The ATC “gig” provided opportunities to ride in or fly a variety of aircraft... including alot of Warbird flights (from aDehavilland Chipmunk to the P-51). I feel that I have been blessed to have had such a job, such opportunities and most of all to have been a part of this community of aviation (honestly as I have been telling people throughout my career) ... that is the greatest reward!

I keep a hangar at KAZO which needs filling! The Clinton Flyin seems like a “must do”!

I’m a grandpa, my former Air Traffic Controller daughter, the mother of a beautiful daughter who live in Ireland. She married an Irish Air Traffic Controller! Go figure... loll! So my other hobby is traveling to ireland or meeting up with them on holiday.

As are most ATC types I’m a bit OCD/meticulous...lol so I look forward to the challenge of aircraft ownership 👍🏻

If not the “Phoenix” then hopefully another SOON! I do appreciate any and all leads (tips and hints as well) you all may have on “tidy well maintained” 150s.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I look forward to continued communication and meet ups,

Ray

Ray Thyfault
150-152 Club, EAA, AOPA, FAA (Retired)

KAZO (Kalamazoo MI)