Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Clinton
George Jameson #636174 03/22/22 07:52 PM
Member/1500+posts
Member/1500+posts
Originally Posted by George Jameson
Eric,

Too bad you can't make Clinton. I would like to meet you in person.

I've never met a snowman before! Get the heck out of there before you get frozen to the ground.
LOL! Well, joking aside, I would sure like to meet all these names in person also. Maybe one of these days.... Of course that would mean actually FLYING my 150, something that hasn't happened since December 12, 2021 cry Kids' activities and such are at a lull for a bit so I may be able t squeeze a flight in here in the not so distant future if the weather cooperates. It has gotten much more "spring like" around here, at least as far as the temps go - many days are above freezing now. But there is so much snow it will be a long time melting - and honestly that is exactly what we want. A slow melt ensures more of that moisture soaks into the ground, and after two drought-like summers the famers are crying for that moisture.

On the plus side (and if it can be believed (haha) they are predicting a cooler April (not so good) and a warmer than normal summer smile As long as we get some rain worked into the warm temps, like the old days, it should be great. Of course, it is looking like my summer will once again be swallowed by renovations at our cottage. This happened all last summer, so that limited my flying time. Oh well..... first world problems!

1968 150H C-FCUT
1 member likes this: Ronald Twente
Ronald Keating #636205 03/23/22 06:20 PM
Member/2500+posts
Member/2500+posts
If anyone is interested, AvWeb did a comparison on tie down systems waaay back in 2009. It's worth the four minutes and twenty-four seconds of your time. There are some good comments that mention some great considerations regarding the way they tested them, so make sure to read these.

As with anything, take the advertising hype for these systems as just that. The best thing to do is ask pilots that have used the systems and get their feedback.

States I landed in N63420 while she was mine:
[Linked Image from visitedstatesmap.com]
KDCY

"And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you would return." - John H. Secondari, American TV Writer, 1965
George Jameson #636411 03/29/22 10:54 PM
Member/15,000 posts
Member/15,000 posts
Originally Posted by George Jameson
Hey Ron Keating,

If you fly with Ron Stewart and I to Clinton, there WILL be rain and a LOT of fun.

Hope you can make the trip with us. If you can't, there are others that are flying from our area that you can join up with. Flying in a caravan is a lot of fun. Since you fly to Florida every year, you certainly know what a long cross country in a C-150/152 is all about.
Ron Keating - the trick is to figure out which valleys in PA - Ron Stewart is flying in - and then make sure you are in a DIFFERENT valley. You will stay drier...... grin

Graeme J W Smith
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Ed Figuli 

Link Copied to Clipboard