Hey Jim,
Thanks for the feedback. With your feedback, I feel better already about the conversion. I have only removed one wheel at this point, and it is sitting on a 2x6-4x4 arrangedment as you suggest. I never trust jacks alone. Brakes don't scare me as I have done numerous brake jobs on vehicles. I do hate the thought of removing the foot pedals and tearing into the brake master cylinders from a standpoint of access, but you are spot on; this is the time to do it all. My interior is out at this point so no worries. This will be my first hydraulic brake job on an aircraft. I've previously overhauled mechanical A/C brakes. I wasn't sure if the conversion kit came with new pedal master cylinders or not. Guess I know the answer now. Anyway, I suppose these are probably McCauley master cylinders on my "M" the same as yours, Do you recall where you sourced the O-rings for these? Did you need to replace any other components in these pedal master cylinders? In as much as I can determine, there is no evidence of master cylinder work in my logbooks. With just over 2000 hours, and 45 years, one would expect some maintenance in this length of time. But none shows up. Did you have to do much plumbing work for the new Cleveland brakes; new tubing, fittings, etc? Are the pedal master cylinders fairly straight forward, with a circlip,or other device to hold the master cylinder together? Do you have any words of wisdom from your experiences to share for this conversion? Is there any chance you would post here or email the instructions to me that accompanied this conversions kit? Moving on; did you replace the nose wheel and brake as well. I have no information on this conversion so any help here will also be appreciated. The main question is what is the Cleveland kit number for this conversion? Thanks again.